South Kent School is a private, non-profit institution governed by an independent Board of Trustees charged with furthering the school’s mission and ensuring the school’s future success. Trustees include alumni, heads of companies, engineers and entrepreneurs, as well as distinguished community members and individuals with a personal dedication to the success of our institution.
South Kent’s Trustees believe in the high value of a South Kent education for individual students, their families, and our communities and are committed to working alongside the faculty, staff and administration to ensure the continuous and successful operation of our school.
- William Rowe '88 (Chair)
- Christine Pina P'22 (Vice Chair)
- James M. Garnett, Jr. '74 (Treasurer)
The Board's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the long-term financial stability of the school.
- Development and monitoring of a long range strategic plan for continued success.
- Hiring, supporting, and evaluating the Head of School.
- Approving the annual budget and overseeing general financial management.
- Defining governance processes and overseeing compliance with school policies and State and Local Regulations and Ordinances.
- Inspiring a culture of philanthropy and actively supporting the school’s fundraising efforts.
Page 1 of 1
Harold W. Bogle '70(Emeritus)
John P. Carey '74
Legare W. Cuyler '58
Lincoln Day '83(Emeritus)
Frederick K. Day '78(Emeritus)
Hani Farsi '86
James M. Garnett Jr. '74(Treasurer)
Josh Hanfling '86
Curtis Himy '84
Peter B. Hopper '82
James R. Lowe III '83
Bharat Mediratta '88
Charlie Merrill '67
Christine Pina P'22Vice Chair
Peter Ramsey '67
Noble F. Richards '49(Emeritus)
Timothy Richards '75
Fitz Robertson '05
Jeffrey G. Rosenberg '80(Emeritus)
William Rowe '88Chair
Lawrence A. Smith '73Head of School
Sid Stockdale '73
Alex Thomson '78
JJ Velez '99
Bill Wreaks '81
Dorell Wright '04
Page 1 of 1